Monday, December 20, 2010

Egg Tostada, kinda

Breakfast has come again! I had this for dinner two nights ago and I had it for breakfast this morning, thanks to my wonderful husband.
I wish I could take credit for this one, but it is my husband who makes it for me. I have made this before, but for some reason, it just tastes better when he makes it. I think it is that extra does of I-didn't-have-to-cook-it that makes this dish the best.
We are meeting up with our friend Sriracha again only because I usually buy mild salsa. My husband isn't as big a fan of spicy food, so I figure I can add spice to my salsa, but I can't take spice out of his.
Wait - who am I kidding? I would still put Sriracha on it, even if it was atomic salsa.

Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Cost: about $0.25 a serving


2 eggs
2 corn tortilla
cumin
salsa
cheese
minced onion (optional)
pad of butter
salt and pepper, Tony's

Before you start anything, pop those two corn tortillas in the toaster oven. What? You don't have a toaster oven? You can wrap them in moist paper towels and microwave them for 20 to 30 seconds. They won't be crispy, but they will still taste pretty darn good.
I happened to have some minced onion in the fridge for another dish I am making later today, so he browned just a little in the butter. I must say, it was a wonderful addition. Scramble the eggs in a small pan with cumin, salt and pepper. Take the corn tortilla out of the toaster over. It should be crispy, but not burned. Top one with cheese and egg. The heat from the tortilla and the eggs will melt the cheese. Add salsa and Sriracha sauce. Close up this bad boy with the other corn tortilla.
I usually cut into four wedges to eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment